5.1 The teacher plans and prepares appropriate assessment activities.
- Makes evaluation methods clear and purposeful.
- Prepares evaluation instruments which reflect course content.
- Maintains an accurate and up to date record of student progress.
- Evaluates student progress regularly.
- Collects, analyzes and reports data to identify areas of strengths and weaknesses.
- Gives correction which is constructive; reinforcement which is appropriate.
- Uses a variety of assessment strategies to evaluate student progress (formative and summative).
- Provides consistent and timely feedback to promote student learning.
- Implements strategies to meet the diverse needs of all students.
- Uses data to inform instruction and programming
5.2 The teacher provides parents/students with specific feedback.
- Communicates to students, parents, and administrators in a meaningful manner.
- Listens and responds to the needs of students, parents and administrators.