1.1 The Teacher of Catholic education models faith through actions within and outside the school;
- Celebrates the partnership of the school with home, Church and society.
- Demonstrates a Christ-like attitude toward students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Exhibits fairness, honesty, understanding, tolerance and mutual respect.
- Supports action for social justice.
- Promotes gospel values and lives in accordance with the expectations of the Catholic Church.
- Participates in faith development activities. eg.) sharing the faith, Division PD, and ½ credit courses
Through out this year, I have shown this by:
- Participating in a self-directed devotional study each morning.
- Participating in a Church led book study weekly.
- Helping facilitate student led Friday reflections.
- Class meetings opened with a reflection and closed with a prayer.
- Creating engaging and active learning lessons for students to share with their class, school and community. Ex: – Do Something Video – Sacraments Inquiry project
– Reflections, discussions and debates on Lent, Advent and lessons – Gratitude Cards – Things we should say more often posters – Random acts of kindness
- Engaging in Current Events while talking about Social Justice such as Prayers for Peace, Community Awareness activities, and Welcome to Refugees letters
- Attending Monday morning reflections and reading reflection.
- Participation in Advent Mass planning
- Having students take ownership over planning of Class Mass
Relevant Files, Photos and Links