3.1 The teacher organizes the classroom to promote learning by creating an atmosphere and physical setting that are conducive to learning.
- Responds positively to students.
- Demonstrates understanding, empathy, patience and tolerance.
- Makes an effort to know and treat each student as an individual.
- Demonstrates and promotes care for physical facilities, equipment and instructional materials.
- Evidence of current learning
- Classroom setup is conducive to lesson design
3.2 The teacher manages the classroom environment in a considerate manner.
- Communicates clear expectations, such as respect for the rights, opinions, property and contribution of others.
- Uses strategies to maintain on-task student behavior.
- Manages discipline in accordance with policies, regulations and legal requirements.
- Promotes the development of self-control and social responsibility.
- Establishes systematic, effective procedural class routines.