3.2 The teacher manages the classroom environment in a considerate manner.
- Communicates clear expectations, such as respect for the rights, opinions, property and contribution of others.
- Uses strategies to maintain on-task student behavior.
- Manages discipline in accordance with policies, regulations and legal requirements.
- Promotes the development of self-control and social responsibility.
- Establishes systematic, effective procedural class routines.
Throughout this year, I have shown this by:
- Classroom Meetings
- Co-creating classroom expectations
- Creating Classroom Tribes to take on classroom responsibilities
- Conferencing with students
- Creating and purchasing classroom materials for students
- Promoting classroom ownership for students
- Positive reward systems for students
- Personalized comments on students desks
- Establishing a “I need a break” system with students needed
- Fidgets and headphones available as needed
- Silent/gestures for reminders for students
- Daily plans on the board for students
- Monthly important notes