2.1 The teacher demonstrates effective planning skills.
- Correlates/integrates subject matter where appropriate.
- Maintains up-to-date daily planning.
- Provides detailed plans and procedures for substitute teachers.
- Incorporates a variety of teaching approaches in the planning of lessons.
2.2 The teacher maintains long-range and short-range plans that reflect the Program of Studies and specify objectives, time lines and plans for evaluation.
Throughout this year, I have shown this by:
- Collaborative planning
- Maintaining shared Google Drive with resources for activities
- Adjustments and differentiation based on student needs
- Learning strategies for individual students based on observations
- Unit planning
- Creation of student workbooks to help guide instruction
- Inquiry projects with use of Inquiry Wheel
- Collaborative planing
- Cross-curricular integration into performance tasks
- Use of student work, reflection and feedback to guide planning
- Student feedback to create cross-curricular inquiry projects
- Use of Critical Challenges in Social Studies
Relevant Files, Photos and Links