6.1 The teacher promotes a sense of community within the school.
- Communicates with students and parents in a proficient and caring manner;
- Respects each member of the school community;
- Promotes a positive perception of the school in the community; and
- Communicates and works collaboratively with all staff members.
- Works professionally to resolve issues.
6.2 The teacher demonstrates professional conduct.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct of Division and the expectations of Catholic Schools.
- Adheres to the Code of Professional Conduct as set out by the Alberta Teacher’s Association; and
- Strives to incorporate the Catholic Church’s understanding of the teaching profession.
6.3 The teacher participates in professional activities.
- Demonstrates commitment by participation in professional activities (e.g., professional organizations, course work, workshops, conferences); school based team learning
- Takes advantage of opportunities to learn from colleagues, students, parents, and community; and implements into practice.
- Keeps abreast of developments in subject matter and issues related to teaching.
6.4 The teacher follows policies and procedures of the division.
- Strives to stay informed and apply policies and regulations applicable to the teacher’s position.
- Selects appropriate channels for resolving concerns/problems.
- Maintains accurate records and reports in accordance with requirements.
- Carries out those duties that are assigned to the teacher by the principal (School Act, 18, (g)), subject to any applicable collective agreement and the teachers’ contract of employment.