6.1 The teacher promotes a sense of community within the school.
- Communicates with students and parents in a proficient and caring manner;
- Respects each member of the school community;
- Promotes a positive perception of the school in the community; and
- Communicates and works collaboratively with all staff members.
- Works professionally to resolve issues.
Throughout this year, I have shown this by:
- Weekly Parent Emails
- Invitation for Ms. Astill to read to class regularly
- Co-creation of behaviour plan for student
- Co-lead Running Club with Ms. Barrett
- Connecting with other classes for various activities
- School yard clean up prior to snowfall
- Sharing best practices with staff
- Collaboration for planning with Grade team
- Invitation for Grade 8s to teach grade 5s introduction to measurement
- Buddy Group activities
- Working with grade 4s on special events and activities.
- Speaking with others to build consensus
- Support for Jr. Boys B team (baskeball)
- Staying for sports, remind invitation to parents for sports