6.2 The teacher demonstrates professional conduct.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct of Division and the expectations of Catholic Schools.
- Adheres to the Code of Professional Conduct as set out by the Alberta Teacher’s Association; and
- Strives to incorporate the Catholic Church’s understanding of the teaching profession.
Throughout this year, I have shown this by:
- Participation in PD sessions
- Awareness and implementation of KSAs into professional practice
- Reference to school and district handbook, contract, information and websites
- Speaking with teachers and/or admin regarding concerns
- Parent Meetings to develop strategies and plans for students
- Auditing CHRTC classes and referring to books to support teaching practices related the Catholic faith:
- CHRTC 250 – The Theological Education of the Catholic Teacher
- CHRTC 380 – Christian Religious Education and the Child