6.3 The teacher participates in professional activities.
- Demonstrates commitment by participation in professional activities (e.g., professional organizations, course work, workshops, conferences); school based team learning
- Takes advantage of opportunities to learn from colleagues, students, parents, and community; and implements into practice.
- Keeps abreast of developments in subject matter and issues related to teaching.
Throughout this year, I have shown this by:
- Participation in PD sessions
- Offer of team teaching new lessons and ideas
- EdCamp sessions facilitated
- Collaborative Planning with grade team
- Invitation to present at various PD, EdCamps and Conferences
- Invitation for parents to join, share, or facilitate a lesson
- Skype calls with Experts as available
- Sharing best practices with school community
- Home/School communication through TWAS emails
- Online Book clubs
- Classroom observations of other teachers on own time
- Weekly Twitter Chats
- Collaborating and sharing resources with teachers in other districts