4.1 The teacher implements an effective lesson.
- Makes learning outcome obvious to learner.
- Utilizes effective summary techniques.
- Utilizes smooth and efficient transitions between instructional activities;
- Makes sure that assignments are clear.
- Integrates available media and technology to enhance learning.
- Incorporates a variety of strategies to present a concept or learner outcome.
- Demonstrates an understanding and awareness of diverse needs of students and plans according to student learning style, and needs.
- Prepares and implements resources and supports that address needs of all students (universal, targeted and special supports)
4.2 The teacher uses effective questioning techniques.
- Structures questions to stimulate learning (i.e., pauses, focuses, adjusts, rephrases, orders, etc.)
- Poses questions clearly for the level of the student.
- Involves all students in questioning.
- Elicits and responds to student questions and responses in a manner that reinforces learning.
- Uses questions to promote critical and creative thinking skills.
4.3 The teacher communicates effectively with students.
- Speaks fluently and precisely.
- Puts ideas across logically.
- Uses a variety of verbal and non-verbal techniques.
- Gives clear and explicit instructions.
- Incorporates humor to enhance learning.
4.4 The teacher treats students with dignity and respect.
- Models a sense of social justice.
- Is available to all students.
- Uses discretion in situations relating to student confidentiality.