4.2 The teacher uses effective questioning techniques.
- Structures questions to stimulate learning (i.e., pauses, focuses, adjusts, rephrases, orders, etc.)
- Poses questions clearly for the level of the student.
- Involves all students in questioning.
- Elicits and responds to student questions and responses in a manner that reinforces learning.
- Uses questions to promote critical and creative thinking skills.
Throughout this year, I have shown this by:
- Q-Focus thinking strategy to introduce topics
- Student development of questions for inquiry
- Class discussions led by questions
- Design thinking process to get students thinking of questions, ideas, ect.
- Use of guiding questions of units, activities and inquiry
- Rapid Fire questions in a Think, Pair, Share with a recorder
- Individual, small group and large group brainstorming
- Creation of critical challenges for Math, Social and Science based on guiding question