4.3 The teacher communicates effectively with students.
- Speaks fluently and precisely.
- Puts ideas across logically.
- Uses a variety of verbal and non-verbal techniques.
- Gives clear and explicit instructions.
- Incorporates humor to enhance learning.
Throughout this year, I have shown this by:
- Creation of student checklist
- Development of an idea in students’ words
- Hand signals for students
- To-do lists on board
- Instructions written, explained and reviewed
- Joking with students
- Making writing fun by modelling and reading co-created work in fun ways to improve
- Relating to prior knowledge
- Review of concepts by creating anchor charts, posters and other visuals