4.4 The teacher treats students with dignity and respect.
- Models a sense of social justice.
- Is available to all students.
- Uses discretion in situations relating to student confidentiality.
Throughout this year, I have shown this by:
- Classroom meetings
- Teacher sign up lists for feedback
- Private pull-outs
- Notes on desk
- Teaching student feedback and the language of feedback
- Socratic Circle – Teaching language to promote conversation rather than debate
- Modeling respectful language though activities like Socratic Circle, Sharing Circle, ect.
- Creating a culture of discussion to work towards consensus to solve issues
- Creation of “What it Means to Be a Part of 5-3”
- C0-create Guided Reading expectations
- Notes/forms sent home in envelopes in case lost